8 In that day the LORD will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the LORD before them. NKJV
His identification is verified in this instance because when Israel looks upon Him in verse 10, they recognize Him as Yeshua i.e. the One who was once pierced at Calvary. Did Jesus then say to Israel Matthew 23:39.
39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!'” NKJV
What time or occasion could be more timely or appropriate for Israel as a nation to repent and say , ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!‘” This could be the very time that Israel as a nation goes into a time of deepest repentance and mourning concerning Yeshua who has just delivered Israel from seriously threatened destruction. It could also be the time of her acceptance of Yeshua as her Messiah. I believe that following this timely appearance, Yeshua will remain in the midst of Jerusalem.
27 Then you will know that I am here among my people of Israel and that I alone am the LORD your God. My people will never again be disgraced like this.
28 “Then after I have poured out my rains again, I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions.
29 In those days, I will pour out my Spirit even on servants, men and women alike.
30 “I will cause wonders in the heavens and on the earth — blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon will turn bloodred before that great and terrible day of the LORD arrives.
32 And anyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. There will be people on Mount Zion in Jerusalem who escape, just as the LORD has said. These will be among the survivors whom the LORD has called. NLT
3 “Thus says the LORD:’I will return to Zion, And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the LORD of hosts, The Holy Mountain.’ NKJV
The Coming Transformation:
The fulfillment of this amazing prophecy in Zechariah 12 will initiate tremendous changes throughout the whole world. The transformation will initially be a spiritual one but the immediate repercussions will be military, religious, social and political. Glorious transformations will occur in the aftermath of Holy Spirit outpourings firstly on Israel (Zechariah 12:10) afterwards upon all flesh (Joel 2:28).
- The Messianic Transformation Of Israel. Zech 12:10, Rev 6 etc, Israel will become a Messianic nation symbolized by the 144,000 in Revelation 7. They will comprise an army of servants of God that together with Messianic Gentile believers will bear faithful witness of the kingdom.
- Transformed Spiritual Atmosphere around the world of awe and wonder. The change in the heavens will transmit to the earth changing the conscious awareness of the nations. Every nation will become conscious of the God of the universe.
- A Transformation Of The Church. Joel 2:28 Spirit on all flesh, Acts 3:21, God’s presence in the midst (centre) of Israel (Joel 2:27) will precede the promised outpouring of the Spirit on all flesh. The proclamation and harvesting of the kingdom of God will increase exponentially.
- Transition Of The Church Into Kingdom Mode. Luke 12:3232 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom NKJV The universal Church will be transformed inwardly and outwardly. It will be unrecognizable to the traditional Church of this present era.
- World Wide Influx Of Muslim, Hindus Etc become believers in Messiah. Powerful shockwaves will reverberate around the religious world as multitudes of former adherents from all false religions accede to a new revelation of Jehovah God and His Messiah.
- A Kingdom Witness Around The World. Matt 24:14. The Gospel of the Kingdom will be proclaimed powerfully around the entire earth with amazing supernatural results.
I believe that this is a message from God to His Church universal and to all nations on earth. It is a subject that should be closely examined by every Church and every Christian. I would challenge every preacher who reads this article to preach on it, either to urge people to pray for Israel or to deny its validity, relevance and importance. One way or another, make a firm decision about this. Whilst certainly not wanting to suggest any time lines for the immediate future, I do feel that we are much closer to radical times than we have ever realized. Events may well become accelerated and the future that has always seemed eons away may actually be now on the proverbial doorstep. The sudden emergence of the earthly Kingdom of God could eventuate much sooner than we have anticipated and we need to be actively conscious of this possibility.
The Throne Of David
The King of this illustrious Kingdom will occupy the throne of David in Jerusalem. The Angel Gabriel made two promises to Mary. First – she would be the mother of a Holy Child. Secondly – this child would one day sit on the throne of His father David. The first promise has already been fulfilled. The second remains to be fulfilled. It will be fulfilled soon, because the God of Israel by His only begotten Son Jesus, has started to bring His First-born son Israel back to the Promised Land of Israel. The people of Israel, the land of Israel, the nation of Israel and the city of Jerusalem, are being prepared for the Coming of the Lord.
“Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” (Luke 1:26-33 NKJV)